Friday, November 22, 2013
12. Tama is making costumes for the production. Each of the costumes he makes uses .39m2 of material. How many can he make with 33m2
0.39 X 10 = 3.9
0.39 X 20 = 7.8
0.39 X 40 = 15.6
0.39 X 80 = 31.2
0.39 X 82 = 31.78
0.39 X 83 = 32.17
0.39 X 84 = 32.56
0.39 X 85 = 32.95
Thursday, November 21, 2013
1. The world record for throwing a cellphone in 2012 was 102.68 metres. James attempted to beat the record but only managed to throw 97.89m. How much was he short by?
97.89 + 0.11 = 98
98 + 4.68 = 102.68
2. Sione uploaded a presentation to his blog but it was too big. In the HTML code he saw that the size was 920 pixels wide by 648 pixels high. He thinks if he reduces it to ¾ of the size it is, it should fit. What dimensions does he need to change in the HTML code?
230 pixels wide
920 divided by 4 =
(92 divided by 4 = 4 x 20 = 80 4 x 3 = 12 4 x 20 + 4 x 3 = 92)
4 x 200 = 800
4 x 30 = 120
4 x 200 + 4 x 30 = 920
230 x 4 = 920
162 pixels high
648 divided by 4 =
(64 divided by 4 = 4 x 10 = 40, 4 x 6 = 24, 4 x 10 + 4 x 6 = 64)
4 x 100 = 400
4 x 60 = 240
4 x 100 + 4 x 60 = 640
4 x 2 = 8
640 + 8 = 648
162 x 4 = 648
3. Tiaki is fixing part of his fence. The pickets he needs are .68m long each. How many metres of timber does he need to cut up 45 pickets?
0.68 X ? = 45
0.68 X 10 = 6.8
40 = 27.2
0.68 X 5 = 3.427.2 + 3.4 = 30.6
4. Julia is an artist. She has been painting a huge mural for the town centre. For the main colour she used a 20 litre pail of white mixed with a 10 litre pail of blue. Unfortunately she ran out of paint before she finished the mural. She thinks that she will only need 6 more litres in total to finish. How much blue and white paint does she need to mix up to get the 6 litres of paint she needs that is exactly the same colour she has been using?
Monday, November 18, 2013
Kendrix, the friend to always look up to. He is a good friend to rely on and to talk to. He is tall and very sporty. He is brainy and has a good reputation. Kendrix and I played for the same Rugby Union club, (MARIST). Kendrix is a Flanker/Lock for our Marist team. At the end of the day he is a GOOD friend!
Waata, He is a sporty kind of a guy, and very kick back. He is a good league player, and can tackle some big guys. He is a good friend to talk to and to be around. Waata and I are in the same class, he is tall and I am short. Waata is brainy too, and he is very good as Maths. I have known Waata since I started school. Waata is a good friend!
Samuela, is very athletic. He has made rep teams for Rugby union. He is funny and is always being a good friend. Samuela is very fast and went to the zone athletics. He is always known for being fast. Samuela is taller than me and has good grades. I have also known this good friend since I started school.
Crusader, the funniest guy I know. He is very sporty. He was born one day before me but, he is way taller than me. Everyday he is always funny, I never get tired of his jokes. This guy has also made rep teams (Bill Mac). Crusader has always been a good friend to talk to. He is a good friend.
Friday, November 15, 2013
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
I woke up to another day of the same boring routine. “Get out of bed and make breakfast” I said to myself. It is so boring to get out of bed just before sunrise and to waste 10 minutes of your day making breakfast. But if you think about it, I am actually blessed to even have easy access to food and water. “Praise the Lord”, I said to myself.
The sound of guns firing was such a disappointing thing to hear. I thought to myself, “can’t there just be one day where I wake up and hear the sound of birds flying past my house, chirping?”. Anyway I hurry to my siblings room to get them to safety. It was time to leave the country.
Life at Pt. England has been really cool. Learning, playing with my friends and most of all getting netbooks. I have really easy access to the internet and knowledge where kids in other parts of the world don’t go to school. I am so grateful for living in New Zealand.
“I really need to go to school” , I think to myself. I know I can be successful but I need to learn. I wish I could go to school but my family can’t afford for me to go to school. I don’t have internet, and not enough food and water for my brain to develop properly. I need to get a better education.
As I settle down into my nice warm blankets, I stare at the ceiling, thinking about how great my life is.
AQW is an online game that is very addictive. Kids all over the world probably play this game all day and night. I used to be at level 36 until my account got banned, now I am at level 6. You can challenge other players, do quest and buy armors, weapons, helmets and capes for your character. You can also buys adventure coins or a membership to upgrade your account. In this game me and my friends are in a clan called the ‘NZ_CLAN’.